Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Oh So True

I'm sure you guys have all heard the song What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger) by Kelly Clarkson, right? No? I recommend you do if you haven't. I'm not usually a Kelly Clarkson fan, but this part of this song has been stuck in my head for weeks:

You think you've got the best of me
Think you've had enough the last laugh
Bet you think that everything good is gone
Think you left me broken down
Think that I'll come running back
Baby, you don't know me, 'cause you're dead wrong

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes you fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over 'cause you're gone


Yeah. That's how I have been feeling for months. Sometimes it takes being hurt to realize how strong you are. Sometimes it takes a lot to make you able to fight back...but when you finally start to put the pieces back together? There's no feeling like it in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment